The Chamber Singers will perform in Ireland as part of their 2015 concert tour. The 26-voice select ensemble is directed by Dr. Patrick O’Shea.
Tour performances will include the following liturgies and concerts:
• St. Francis Xavier Parish, La Grange, Ill., Saturday, Feb. 28, 5 p.m. Mass
• University College Dublin (with UCD Philharmonic Choir), Tuesday, March 3, 7 to 8 p.m. visit/workshop
• Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Cashel, County Tipperary, Wednesday, March 4, 8 p.m. concert
• St. Nicholas Collegiate Church, Galway, Thursday, March 5, 8 p.m. concert
• St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney, County Kerry, Sunday, March 8, 11:30 a.m. prelude concert; noon Mass
All concerts are free and open to the public, and guests are welcome at the various liturgies. Repertoire will include a cappella works by Palestrina, Tavener, Ginastera, Casals, David Diamond, Seán Doherty, and Stephen Paulus. The concerts will feature the Irish premiere performances of “Introit,” a setting of text from the Divine Liturgy of St. James by Dr. O’Shea.
Upon their return, the Chamber Singers will present a free homecoming concert at the Chapel of Saint Mary of the Angels, 7th and Vila streets, Winona, on Thursday, March 12, at 7:30 p.m.